- Global Energy Infrastructure
Keith Brashler is a Pump Specialist in the Consulting Services Department for Saudi Aramco. He earned a BS degree in mechanical engineering from Washington State University. Brashler has 34 yr of rotating equipment experience in oil and gas, power generation, nuclear, and pulp and paper, with an emphasis on pump and system troubleshooting.
Many industries utilize pumps in hot applications, including oil and gas facilities.
Maintenance & Reliability / Refining / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Pumps / Sulfur / Treating
The objective of this article is to share industry experience related to the reliability challenges with vertically suspended molten sulfur pumps. Due to the operating temperatures and the unique chemical properties of sulfur, several operational and reliability challenges are inherently present across the industry.
The objective of this article is to demonstrate the benefits of optimizing the pumping system through pump recycle line evaluations.
Thermal imaging technology has evolved over the years, and investment costs have decreased significantly.
Valves / Pumps / Loss Prevention / Equipment / Engineering & Design / Maintenance & Reliability / Refining / Corrosion / Compressors
The pumps referred to in this article are 2,600-HP vertical pumps utilized as booster pumps for the shipment of crude oil.
The objective of this article is to demonstrate the value of utilizing portable or permanently mounted ultrasonic flow measurement technology to measure and monitor high-energy pump hydraulic balance line flow.
This work details the operation of a 21,000-HP, five-stage barrel pump utilized for seawater injection service.
Maintenance & Reliability / Compressors / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Pumps / Rotating Equipment / Middle East
The Shaybah NGL recovery plant has a single-stage, double-suction between bearings, radial-split design for hot oil circulation.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Lummus and Toshiba announce partnership for advanced carbon capture solutions 12/5
- Two new petrochemical plants are coming online in India 12/5
- Repsol supplies green jet fuel for Inditex's air freight in Spain 12/5
- Outokumpu and Alfa Laval join forces to reduce emissions in stainless steel production 12/5
- Eight Texas (U.S.) chemical plant workers treated for toxic gas exposure 12/5
- CLARITY – Clariant’s service portal digitally boosts technical support for 80+ catalyst customers worldwide 12/5
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group