- Global Energy Infrastructure
At least 37 people, including two pregnant women, were burned to death after a blast at an illegal oil refinery in southern Nigeria.
Crude oil processing at Mexico's six local refineries rose slightly in August, data from state-owned oil company Pemex showed, but the facilities are operating at barely half their capacity, forcing the country to import large volumes of fuel.
Técnicas Reunidas, S.A. and Sinopec Engineering Group Co. Ltd. have signed in Beijing a Strategic Alliance Cooperation Agreement for the joint execution of Refining, Petrochemicals, Natural Gas and Transition Projects worldwide.
China's privately controlled Jiangsu Eastern Shenghong Co Ltd said it had entered a preliminary deal with Saudi Aramco for the Middle Eastern oil major to become a minority stakeholder in its refining and petrochemical unit.
Firefighters managed to put out a fire at Kuwait's Mina Al Ahmadi oil refinery with no injuries, a state news agency said, adding that production and exports were unaffected.
An explosion was reported at Iran's southern refinery of Bandar Abbas following a gas leak.
Used cooking oil can be refined into fuels such as biodiesel and SAF, which can be blended with conventional fuels to reduce carbon emissions.
Vietnam's largest oil refinery will restart some of its units from Oct 7-9 after it was shut down late last month for maintenance.
Shell is tentatively expected to restart a hydrocracking unit at Europe's biggest oil refinery in the Netherlands by Sept. 25 after a leak forced its shutdown on Tuesday, traders said, citing a report from industry monitor IIR.
European oil refinery output in August rose by 1% from the previous month to 9.73 million bpd.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Repsol selects Honeywell Ecofining Technology for biofuel production in Spain 10/3
- AFPM Summit 2023 – Excellence and Plant Performance 10/3
- Carbon Recycling International and Jiangsu Sailboat start up world’s most efficient CO2-to-methanol plant 10/3
- AWS launches process optimization solution for downstream and midstream operations 10/3
- ADNOC to be first company in the Middle East to receive ISCC Certification to produce SAF 10/3
- Malaysia mulls expansion of B10 biodiesel usage to industrial sector 10/3
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group