- Global Energy Infrastructure
Kapil Malhotra is a Heat Transfer Engineer at S & B Engineers and Constructors Ltd. in Houston, Texas. He has more than 15 yr of experience in the design, engineering and troubleshooting of fired heaters, combustion systems and thermal equipment. He holds an MS degree in mechanical engineering from Oklahoma State University. Mr. Malhotra is a registered professional engineer in the state of Texas, and is the author of several papers on heat transfer.
As environmental regulations are becoming more stringent on reduced nitrogen oxide and carbon monoxide emissions, burner designs are changing to meet revised regulations. The heater design must complement the chosen burner for optimal performance. Although design duty is considered to be the main focus of the heater design, the range of heater operation and its impact on heater safety and emissions needs are often neglected.
Fired heaters are essential and important major pieces of equipment in a process plant.
Petrochemicals / Process Control / Process Optimization / Refining / Americas / Analyzers / Asia/Pacific / Boilers / Construction / Crude oil / Drying / Economics / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Europe / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Information Systems / Middle East / Naphtha / Natural Gas / Safety / Treating / Utilities
Fired heaters or “process furnaces” are used extensively by the refining and petrochemical industries. These heat transfer units generate the much needed process energy through the combustio..
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Exclusive: Mitigating methane emissions: Digital strategies for the energy industry 12/11
- Phillips 66 announces 2024 capital program 12/11
- Neste partners with Coleman Oil Company to make renewable diesel more widely available in Washington State (U.S.) 12/11
- OQ signs nine agreements to establish $88-MM industrial projects in the Ladayn Polymer Park in Suhar 12/11
- New Renewable Fuel Standard volume targets facilitate renewable natural gas production 12/11
- South Africa picks Russia's Gazprombank as PetroSA refinery partner 12/11
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group