- Global Energy Infrastructure
Massimo Capra is the manager of Aggreko Process Services in Europe, supporting the Russian and Caspian areas, as well as the Middle East’s refining and petrochemical sectors. He has 31 yr of experience in the refining and chemical process industries as a process and project engineering manager for companies that include AGIP, Foster Wheeler Italiana, Tecnimont, Aramco Overseas Co., and as a freelance consultant. He worked as a Process Technologist and Team Leader at OPCW, conducting more than 150 process assessments in chemical facilities. Mr. Capra has earned an MS degree in chemical engineering from Politecnico di Torino (IT), a PGC in project management from the University of Wales (UK), an MBA from Robert Kennedy College (CH), Lean 6 Sigma Black Belt from BMGI (USA) and ISO9001 Lead Assessor certification from SGS (NL).
Project Optimization: Improve propylene recovery at FCC and DCU gas plants with mobile industrial refrigeration
Polypropylene demand remained strong through the 2020 pandemic crisis and is booming in the Asia region, driven by strong Chinese import growth.
Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Compressors / Construction / Distillation / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Polymers / Utilities
Thermocompression-equipped propane-propylene (PP) splitters are used to upgrade large quantities of refinery-grade propylene (RGP) to polymer-grade propylene (PGP).
Refinery hydrofining units must undergo planned and emergency shutdowns for catalyst changeover.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Feature: Enhancing ethylene cracker radiant tube integrity through innovative robotic inspection 12/4
- Kuwait's al-Zour refinery now fully operational 12/4
- Petroecuador says crude oil output surpasses 400,000 bpd 12/4
- Russia's seaborne diesel exports rose in November with the ban lifted and increased production 12/4
- Vietjet and Novus Aviation Capital sign MoUs for aircraft financing, leasing, and SAF development 12/4
- Virgin Atlantic jet completes maiden transatlantic flight on 100% SAF 12/1
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group