- Construction Boxscore
Towler, B. F.
Brian F. Towler is a Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, as well as the Chair of Petroleum Engineering, for the Center for Coal Seam Gas at the University of Queensland in Australia. Previously, he was a Professor in the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering at the University of Wyoming in the US for 26 yr, and served as Department Head from 2004–2008. He was also a CEAS Fellow for Hydrocarbon Energy Resources from 2008–2014. His research interests include reservoir engineering and simulation, wellbore integrity and enhanced oil recovery. He has authored three textbooks, including a bestselling book by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) on reservoir engineering, which is widely used by both practicing engineers and universities. He has been a member of SPE for 36 yr and was one of the members responsible for setting up the Queensland SPE section in Brisbane, Australia. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Wyoming and Queensland.
Coal seam gas (CSG) has been established as a viable source of natural gas. The monetization of CSG resources through LNG projects experienced rapid expansion in recent years as a result of increasing LNG prices.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Russia bans gasoline exports for 6 months from March 1 2/27
- Yokogawa releases OpreX carbon footprint tracer to support decarbonization in the process manufacturing industries 2/27
- Biomass-based diesel and ethanol compliance credit prices decline 45% from start of year 2/27
- MMA production via ACH Process and acrylonitrile-related production discontinued at Hiroshima, Japan plant, withdrawal from certain businesses to follow 2/27
- hte provides first high throughput unit to Shanghai Institute of Cleantech Innovation 2/27
- MAMII expands membership with Chevron, Seapeak, and TotalEnergies joining the initiative 2/27
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group