- Global Energy Infrastructure
Aslam Kittur is a mechanical engineer with expertise in troubleshooting integrity issues related to refinery static equipment. Kittur is the Static Equipment Engineer for the Technical Services Division of Saudi Aramco, and has more than 23 yr of experience in the energy industry (upstream, offshore and downstream), specializing in performing stress analysis to understand the complex failure mechanisms of critical equipment. He focuses on establishing root causes for repetitive failures and developing solutions to ensure a reliable design for all operating conditions. Kittur earned an MS degree in solid mechanics and employs FEM-based structural and thermal simulations often required for a Level-III API-579 Fitness-For-Service Evaluation. Before joining Saudi Aramco, he served in a similar role in Canadian oil sands facilities for 10 yr.
Critical considerations for retrofit designing a platformer reactor’s partial bypass piping in a NHT plant
Maintenance & Reliability / Process Optimization / Project Management / Refining / Catalysts / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Gasoline / Hydrogen / Hydrotreating / Loss Prevention / Naphtha / Piping / Reactors / Sulfur / Treating / Middle East
The naphtha hydrotreater/continuous catalyst regeneration (NHT/CCR) platformer produces reformate to be utilized as a blending stock in the gasoline pool (FIG. 1).
The hydrogen (H<sub>2</sub>) generation unit (HGU) manufactures H2 by steam reforming propane and butane.
A mercury absorber vessel is designed to remove mercury from a light naphtha stream.
The hydrogen (H<sub>2</sub>) plant in a refinery produces high-purity (99.9+ vol%) H<sub>2</sub> products using a licensed pressure swing adsorption (PSA) purification process to fulfill the H<sub>2</sub> makeup needs of refinery hydroprocessing facilities.
The reaction section of a hydrocracker unit has three reactors configured in two stages.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group