- Global Energy Infrastructure
Shaun Dyke is an experienced chemical engineer who has worked in the refining and petrochemical industries for more than 40 yr in numerous technical, managerial, governance and consulting roles around the world. He lives in and works from New Zealand and writes in his spare time. Mr. Dyke earned a BSc degree (First Class Honors) in chemistry from Massey University, New Zealand. The author can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The centrifugal compressor has been the workhorse of the oil and gas industry for decades.
Hydroprocessing (hydrotreating and hydrocracking) units are high-pressure, high-temperature units that have multiple reactors, multiple beds per reactor and specialized metallurgy. Catalysts in these units are replaced on a 2 yr–5 yr cycle, depending on feed quality, unit design, catalyst selection, operational constraints and performance.
Hydroprocessing (hydrotreating and hydrocracking) units are high-pressure, high-temperature units that have multiple reactors, multiple beds per reactor and specialized metallurgy.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Exclusive: Mitigating methane emissions: Digital strategies for the energy industry 12/11
- Phillips 66 announces 2024 capital program 12/11
- Neste partners with Coleman Oil Company to make renewable diesel more widely available in Washington State (U.S.) 12/11
- OQ signs nine agreements to establish $88-MM industrial projects in the Ladayn Polymer Park in Suhar 12/11
- New Renewable Fuel Standard volume targets facilitate renewable natural gas production 12/11
- South Africa picks Russia's Gazprombank as PetroSA refinery partner 12/11
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group