- Global Energy Infrastructure
Arora, V. K.
V.K. Arora is Director of process and operations at Kinetics Process Improvements Inc. He previously worked for SABIC, KBR and CB&I-Lummus as Technology Director of the refining group and Technology Manager of petrochemicals. He spearheaded the KPI team that developed and implemented a world-scale propylene derivatives complex in Saudi Arabia for the production of acrylic acid, oxo-alcohols and acrylic esters. He holds two patents relating to ammonia process improvements and a nitrogen oxide (NOx) reactor system for ethylene furnaces. He has directed several successful revamps in ammonia and methanol plants, and is a licensed professional engineer in Texas. Mr. Arora earned a chemical engineering degree from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi in India.
The cost-effective revamp experiences of carbon dioxide (CO<sub>2</sub>) removal systems in three different ammonia plants, and the resulting attractive payback of just a few months are detailed here.
A new revamp approach for ammonia plants uses multistage integrated chilling (MIC). The MIC scheme provides an option that avoids expensive compressor upgrades for incremental improvements in ammonia production, with energy efficiency improvements up to 15%.
Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Project Management / Alcohols / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Construction / Economics / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Europe / Hydrogen / Management / Middle East / Polymers
Ammonia production using hydrogen (H2)-rich offgases is an established method, but it is practiced only in a handful of plants. The dynamics of new feedstocks in the petrochemicals industry coupled wi..
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Global airlines body urges oil sector to invest more in sustainable fuel 12/6
- Clariant to cut 170 jobs after closing Romania plant, downsize German operations 12/6
- Iran Revolutionary Guards seize two vessels smuggling 4.5 million liters of fuel 12/6
- Lummus and NET Power sign strategic supplier agreement for heat transfer equipment 12/6
- Nextchem (Maire Group) awarded a process design contract by DG Fuels for a bio-waste to SAF facility in the U.S. 12/6
- Lummus and Toshiba announce partnership for advanced carbon capture solutions 12/5
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group