- Global Energy Infrastructure
Lines, J. R.
Jim Lines is an Engineer recently retired from Graham Corp., where he worked for 37 yr in various engineering and management positions. Lines has authored numerous articles related to heat transfer, vacuum process condensers and ejector systems.
A fuels-oriented crude oil refinery must have good performance from its vacuum distillation section to deliver targeted yield and throughput.
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Loss Prevention / Products / Rotating Equipment / Americas
Steam-surface condensers are used throughout the refining, petrochemical and chemical industries.
Maintenance & Reliability / Process Control / Refining / Crude oil / Economics / Engineering & Design / Furnaces / Heat Transfer
The crude oil refining and petrochemical industries make extensive use of condensers that operate under vacuum (i.e., below atmospheric pressure). Distillation is the most common process using these condensers, either as a process precondenser ahead of an ejector system, or as an intercondenser within an ejector system.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Exclusive: Mitigating methane emissions: Digital strategies for the energy industry 12/11
- Phillips 66 announces 2024 capital program 12/11
- Neste partners with Coleman Oil Company to make renewable diesel more widely available in Washington State (U.S.) 12/11
- OQ signs nine agreements to establish $88-MM industrial projects in the Ladayn Polymer Park in Suhar 12/11
- New Renewable Fuel Standard volume targets facilitate renewable natural gas production 12/11
- South Africa picks Russia's Gazprombank as PetroSA refinery partner 12/11
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group