- Global Energy Infrastructure
Kurt Kraetsch is a Technical Staff Consultant with ChemTreat. He has 20 yr of experience in the specialty chemical industry, heavily focused on boilers in the chemical, refining, and petrochemical industries. He also has an additional 10 yr of chemistry and steam plant operational experience from the U.S. Navy while serving aboard nuclear submarines. Mr. Kraetsch holds a BS degree in nuclear engineering technology from Thomas Edison State University in Trenton, New Jersey.
Maintenance & Reliability / Refining / Boilers / Corrosion / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Loss Prevention
In Part 1 of this article, the authors covered techniques for minimizing corrosion and contaminant ingress from condensate return and feedwater to industrial steam generators.
Many heavy industrial plants, such as refineries and petrochemical facilities, require steam for numerous processes, including powering turbines, providing energy for a variety of unit operations and even heating buildings in some locations.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Global airlines body urges oil sector to invest more in sustainable fuel 12/6
- Clariant to cut 170 jobs after closing Romania plant, downsize German operations 12/6
- Iran Revolutionary Guards seize two vessels smuggling 4.5 million liters of fuel 12/6
- Lummus and NET Power sign strategic supplier agreement for heat transfer equipment 12/6
- Nextchem (Maire Group) awarded a process design contract by DG Fuels for a bio-waste to SAF facility in the U.S. 12/6
- Lummus and Toshiba announce partnership for advanced carbon capture solutions 12/5
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group