- Global Energy Infrastructure
Brad Buecker is Senior Technical Publicist with ChemTreat. He has many years of experience in or affiliated with the power industry, much of it in steam generation chemistry, water treatment, air quality control, and results engineering positions with City Water, Light & Power (Springfield, Illinois) and Kansas City Power & Light Co.’s (now Evergy) La Cygne, Kansas station. He also spent 2 yr as acting water/wastewater supervisor at a chemical plant. Mr. Buecker holds a BS degree in chemistry from Iowa State University with additional coursework in fluid mechanics, energy and materials balances, and advanced inorganic chemistry. He is a member of the ACS, AIChE, AIST, AMPP (NACE) ASME, the IWC Advisory Council, the Electric Utility Chemistry Workshop planning committee, and the Power-Gen planning committee. Mr. Buecker has authored many articles and three books on power plant and water/steam chemistry.
Environment & Safety / Gas Processing/LNG / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Analyzers / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Heat Transfer / Natural Gas / Piping / Products / Pumps / Safety / Valves
Many large industrial facilities—including refineries, and chemical and petrochemical plants—are increasingly turning to co-generation for process steam and power production.
Maintenance & Reliability / Refining / Boilers / Corrosion / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Loss Prevention
In Part 1 of this article, the authors covered techniques for minimizing corrosion and contaminant ingress from condensate return and feedwater to industrial steam generators.
Many heavy industrial plants, such as refineries and petrochemical facilities, require steam for numerous processes, including powering turbines, providing energy for a variety of unit operations and even heating buildings in some locations.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Exclusive: Mitigating methane emissions: Digital strategies for the energy industry 12/11
- Phillips 66 announces 2024 capital program 12/11
- Neste partners with Coleman Oil Company to make renewable diesel more widely available in Washington State (U.S.) 12/11
- OQ signs nine agreements to establish $88-MM industrial projects in the Ladayn Polymer Park in Suhar 12/11
- New Renewable Fuel Standard volume targets facilitate renewable natural gas production 12/11
- South Africa picks Russia's Gazprombank as PetroSA refinery partner 12/11
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group