- Construction Boxscore
James Ondyak is Global President of Refining and Petrochemicals for Dorf Ketal, focused on new technology introductions. Prior to Dorf Ketal, he worked for Nalco for 20 yr, where he was Division President and Vice President of global marketing. Mr. Ondyak received an MS degree in chemical engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology, and an MBA degree from Harvard Business School.
Environment & Safety / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Aromatics / Environment / People / Polymers / Products / Safety / Americas
The manufacturing of styrene commonly uses 2,4-dinitro-6-sec butylphenol (DNBP) as a retarder to protect against styrene polymer formation.
For corrosion risk assessment and control, ample published research exists on the inherent corrosivity of combinations of naphthenic acid and sulfur in refining systems, but not on the chemistry and mechanism of corrosion inhibitors. This work offers refinery engineers insight into the construction of corrosion inhibitor molecules, as well as how differences in molecules impact the performance of the inhibitor and the risk of fouling in crude units and hydroprocessing units.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Yokogawa invests in and signs memorandum on business partnership with Tsubame BHB 2/21
- Russia's Feb oil exports from western ports seen around 8.2 MMt 2/21
- Vitol buys first naphtha cargo from Nigeria's Dangote oil refinery 2/21
- Technip Energies invests in the United Airlines Ventures Sustainable Flight Fund 2/21
- KT awarded Eni contract for hydrogen production in Livorno plant biorefinery conversion 2/21
- Asia's SAF projects and agreements 2/20
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group