- Global Energy Infrastructure
Jeff Caudill is a Process Safety Supervisor in the downstream oil and gas industry. He has more than 26 yr of combined experience in maintenance, design engineering, process safety, construction and technical roles. He specializes in industrial incident investigation and failure analysis. Mr. Caudill has had success with published articles in professional magazines and has contributed to books in the field of process safety. He participates with AFPM, API, ASCE and AIChE to promote process safety related issues within the chemical and refining manufacturing industries. He graduated with honors from Morehead State University with a BS degree in industrial technology. He earned a second BS degree in 1994 in civil engineering, with an emphasis in environmental design, from the University of Kentucky.
Accepting that incidents are inevitable can be considered a form of institutionalized normalization of deviance.
NASA’s 1986 Space Shuttle Challenger disaster investigation brought the term “normalization of deviance” into the spotlight.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Spain, IEA back Dutch call to phase out fossil fuel subsidies 10/2
- India increases windfall tax on petroleum crude, reduces tax on aviation turbine fuel and diesel 10/2
- Automakers say they face $14 B in fines from Biden's 'unfeasible' fuel rules 10/2
- Cnergyico imports Pakistan's first private-sector Russian crude cargo 10/2
- Singapore Exchange launches its first ammonia futures contracts 10/2
- ADNOC top exec says oil and gas could remain relevant until 2050 10/2
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group