- Global Energy Infrastructure
J. Zhang is a senior expert for SINOPEC and Deputy Chief Engineer of the SINOPEC Research Institute of Petroleum Processing (RIPP). Mr. Zhang has 35 yr of experience in the research and development and applications of technologies for petroleum refining, especially in FCC technology. He received his BS degree in petroleum refining from the Fushun Petroleum Institute in 1983. Mr. Zhang was awarded the second prize of National Scientific and Technological Progress three times, the first and second prize of SINOPEC Technological Progress eight times, and the Excellence Award of Chinese Patent three times. He holds 72 Chinese patents, 14 international patents and has published 31 papers.
To meet increasingly stringent specifications for cleaner gasoline and to produce more clean fluid catalytic cracking (FCC) naphtha with lower olefins, a novel FCC technologya for maximizing isoparaffins was developed in the late 1990s. The technology’s principal is based on the formation and conversion of olefins in two different reaction zones.
Due to the growing popularity of family automobiles in China, the country’s domestic oil market is experiencing a rise in gasoline consumption and a reduction in diesel consumption in recent years.
Environment & Safety / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Catalysts / Environment / Equipment / Europe / Hydrocracking / Middle East
Advanced technologies promote propylene yield while reducing olefins in gasoline
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Taiwan's CPC Corp seeks second jet fuel cargo this year 9/26
- Square Robot revolutionizes robotic tank inspections with EPRI’s Incubatenergy Labs 9/26
- Kuwait's oil exports shift from crude oil to petroleum products 9/26
- Indonesia's Pertamina aims to finish revamping TPPI petrochemical plant in Q4 9/26
- DHL and Sasol join hydrogen firm HH2E on sustainable jet fuel project 9/25
- Indorama Ventures achieves 100 billion PET bottles recycling milestone 9/25
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group