- Global Energy Infrastructure
Bloch, H. P.
resides in Montgomery, Texas. His professional career commenced in 1962 and included long-term assignments as Exxon Chemical’s Regional Machinery Specialist for the United States. He has authored or co-written more than 780 publications, among them 24 comprehensive books on practical machinery management, failure analysis, failure avoidance, compressors, steam turbines, pumps, and the just released Optimized lubrication, oil mist technology, and standstill protection.3 He holds BS and MS degrees (cum laude) in mechanical engineering and is an ASME Life Fellow with life-time registration as a Professional Engineer in New Jersey.
Liquid-ring compressors (FIG. 1) use the centrifugal whirling of a sealing liquid to create a series of piston-like water columns to trap gas or vapor between the impeller cells of a rotor installed eccentric to its casing.
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Control / Process Optimization / Refining / Carbon Management / Economics / Environment / Information Systems / Products / Americas / Europe
To operate reliably and profitably, oil refineries, petrochemical plants and gas processing facilities must avoid equipment failures.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Discovering Honeywell's pathways to sustainability: Highlights from Global Sustainability Week 9/27
- bp's Peacock Project secures exclusive power deal with ExxonMobil-SABIC JV for sustainable materials production 9/27
- Shipping industry lacks clarity on future clean fuels on path towards decarbonization 9/27
- Neste expands its renewable fuels supply capabilities in Southern California (U.S.) 9/27
- Técnicas Reunidas and Sinopec Engineering Group sign a Strategic Alliance Cooperation Agreement 9/27
- How serious is Russia's fuel export ban and who will be hit? 9/27
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group