Enterprise starts up new NGL fractionator in Texas

Enterprise Products said Tuesday that the eighth natural gas liquids (NGL) fractionator at the partnership’s Mont Belvieu, Texas complex is now operational. 

The new unit, which has the capability to fractionate up to 85,000 bpd  of NGL, increases total NGL fractionation capacity at Enterprise’s Mont Belvieu facility to approximately 655,000 bpd. 

The partnership’s eighth fractionator will accommodate increasing NGL production from domestic shale plays, including the Eagle Ford in South Texas, and other basins in the Rocky Mountain and Mid-continent regions. 

Rising NGL production from the shale plays continues to provide a low-cost feedstock advantage for the global petrochemical industry, which currently favors natural gas-derived feedstocks over more expensive crude oil-based derivatives.

“Our eighth NGL fractionator is the second unit Enterprise has placed into service at Mont Belvieu in the last two months, both of which were completed ahead of schedule and within budget,” said Michael A. Creel, CEO of Enterprise’s general partner. 

“In just three years, total NGL fractionation capacity at the partnership’s Mont Belvieu complex has increased, from 400,000 bpd to 655,000 bpd, demonstrating our ability to respond quickly, efficiently and safely to the demand for midstream infrastructure that meets the country’s evolving energy landscape," he added. "System wide, Enterprise now has more than 1 million bpd of NGL fractionation capacity.”

Fractionators seven and eight were constructed as part of a joint venture with Western Gas Partners, an affiliate of Anadarko Petroleum. Enterprise operates the two new units and owns a 75% equity interest in the JV, with Western Gas Partners owning the remaining 25% interest.

Related News

From the Archive

Comments